Saturday, December 08, 2007

Becoming a weirdo...

Well the weekend's here but wait a minute, what am I doing you ask? Well I'm right now sitting in my office doing a weekend duty of manning the data center. Sitting here I began to think on how things have changed. It's the weekend and people will be looking forward to it and planning on how to spend time but me, well I seem to enjoy working more...

Hmm...pretty weird though as I'm a self-confessed lazy slob who tries to talk his way out of working but things have certainly changed a lot now. I wasn't suppose to work at all this weekend but I don't know why I actually agreed to it. Partly could be due to the fact that my planned outing to JB had to be cancelled due to the worsening flood situation there or the other reason is feeling pity on John who had to work 2 days in a row this weekend. Which ever it is, it made me think.

Before this when I was living in Yishun, I would loathe working on weekends as I had to travel halfway around Singapore to get to Pantech21 but now that I'm in Jurong East which is much closer, I don't mind much. Looking at these facts have given me the answer as to why I have changed, and the answer is change itself.

Yeah in Yishun the place was rather lively and you wouldn't feel bored but here the place is rather dead and not to mention that the place I live in currently does not give me the feeling of solitude that I normally look for. To escape the clutches of uneasiness, I found an escape route in work. People hearing this would seriously think that I'm a sicko but hey you got to do what gives you pleasure and peace of mind.

All this would not be for long as end of this month I'll be moving back to Yishun again. I keep my fingers crossed that it won't turn out equally boring for me again.

Until then, take care and chiao

No comments: